©Will Dickey, 2011 — Duval County’s Round Marsh near the Pumpkin Hill Creek property.
Throughout July, 640 people voted in the on-line survey for the cover of the LINC Florida Forever 2012 Conservation Photography Calendar.
With 244 votes, the winning “cover shot” is Will Dickey’s photograph of Duval County’s Round Marsh within the Pumpkin Hill Creek property. In second place, with 178 votes, is Mac Stone’s photograph of the Green Swamp in Polk and Lake Counties. Jason Hann’s photograph of sandhill cranes at the small holdings left in the Charlotte Harbor Estuary in Charlotte, Lee, and Sarasota Counties received 174 votes. Kevin Barry, the winner of the on-line Flickr Group Photography Contest, came in fourth place with his profusion of bur marigolds in the Hatchineha Watershed in Polk County.
The other Florida Forever properties featured in the 2012 Calendar include:
- Carlton Ward, Jr.’s photograph of the bobcat in the Lake Wales Ridge ecosystem
- David Moynahan’s photograph of a spring in the Middle Chipola River properties in Jackson and Calhoun Counties
- John Moran’s photograph of the Heather Island Partnership in Marion County’s portion of the Ocklawaha River
- Daniel Ewert’s photograph of the fall foliage in the Shoal River Buffer property in Okaloosa County
- Jim Valentine’s beach photograph at Archie Carr Sea Turtle Refuge in Brevard and Indian River counties
- Clyde Butcher’s photograph of Okaloacooche Slough
- Chad Anderson’s photograph of a northern cardinal at the Belle Meade property in Collier County
- Eric Zamora’s photograph of the Florida Communities Trust Florida Forever proposed parcel in the River Creek Preserve in Alachua County.